fiestalc Index du Forum

fiestalc Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Girl With Gun

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    fiestalc Index du Forum -> Francais -> Report
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
haleatamy

MessagePosté le: Sam 21 Mai - 00:01 (2016)    Sujet du message: Girl With Gun Répondre en citant

Girl With Gun > bit.ly/1W7ds48

“It,does,”,Norma,saidHe,,would,,have,,been,,handsome,,if,,not,,for,,an,,indolent,,and,,spoiled,,aspect,,about,,his,,eyes,,and,,the,,tough,,set,,of,,his,,mouth,,,which,,suggested,,he,,was,,accustomed,,to,,getting,,his,,way.As,,,we,,,lifted,,,the,,,broken,,,panels,,,off,,,her,,,,Fleurette,,,stared,,,up,,,at,,,us,,,with,,,wild,,,dark,,,eyesGirl,,Waits,,with,,Gun,,might,,sometimes,,be,,a,,story,,in,,which,,truth,,is,,stranger,,than,,fiction,,,but,,it,,also,,makes,,for,,pretty,,charming,,fiction.",,—,,NPR,,"Girl,,Waits,,with,,Gun,,spins,,the,,alternately,,tense,,and,,rollicking,,tale,,of,,how,,New,,Jersey,,spinster,,Constance,,Kopp,,confronted,,the,,alarming,,lawlessness,,of,,a,,World,,War,,I-era,,silk,,mill,,town,,and,,won,,the,,job,,that,,earned,,her,,a,,footnote,,in,,historyBack,,Book,,Reviews,,This,,Week's,,Must,,Read,,My,,Guilty,,Pleasure,,Three,,Books“My,,sister’s,,under,,the,,wheel.”,,If,,the,,wheel,,started,,to,,turn,,,she’d,,be,,caught,,up,,in,,itThis,is,an,elegant,tale,of,suspense,,mystery,,and,wry,humor.A,surprising,Kopp,family,secret,,a,kidnapped,baby,,and,other,twists,consistently,ratchet,up,the,stakes,throughout,,resulting,in,an,exhilarating,yarn."—Publishers,Weekly,,starred,"Stewart,crafts,a,solid,,absorbing,novel,based,on,real-life,events—though,they're,unusual,enough,to,seem,invented.Back,,,Loading,,,Back,,News,,&,,Conversations,,Morning,,Edition,,All,,Things,,Considered,,Fresh,,Air,,Here,,&,,Now,,Code,,Switch,,The,,Diane,,Rehm,,Show,,Embedded,,Latino,,USA,,NPR,,Politics,,Podcast,,On,,Point,,Weekend,,Edition,,Saturday,,Weekend,,Edition,,Sunday,,Youth,,Radio,,Storytelling,,&,,Humor,,Ask,,Me,,Another,,The,,Best,,Of,,Car,,Talk,,Bullseye,,Hidden,,Brain,,How,,To,,Do,,Everything,,Invisibilia,,Only,,A,,Game,,Planet,,Money,,Pop,,Culture,,Happy,,Hour,,StoryCorps,,TED,,Radio,,Hour,,Wait,,Wait.Don't,,Tell,,Me!,,Music,,First,,Listen,,All,,Songs,,Considered,,Songs,,We,,Love,,Tiny,,Desk,,Alt.Latino,,From,,The,,Top,,Jazz,,Night,,In,,America,,Metropolis,,Microphone,,Check,,Mountain,,Stage,,Piano,,Jazz,,The,,Thistle,,&,,Shamrock,,World,,Cafe,,More,,All,,Programs,,Podcast,,Directory,,NPR,,Podcasts,,“That’s,good,”,I,saidIs,,,it,,,too,,,soon,,,to,,,beg,,,for,,,a,,,sequel?,,,—,,,Jennifer,,,Chiaverini,,,,author,,,of,,,MrsDrunken,,,lout,,,Henry,,,Kaufman,,,thinks,,,that,,,owning,,,a,,,local,,,silk,,,manufacturer,,,entitles,,,him,,,to,,,ignore,,,Constance's,,,reasonable,,,request,,,that,,,he,,,pay,,,for,,,the,,,damages,,,,but,,,he's,,,misjudged,,,his,,,opponent—,Publishers,Weekly,(starred,review),"A,sheer,delight,to,read,and,based,on,actual,events,,this,debut,historical,mystery,packs,the,unexpected,,the,unconventional,,and,a,serendipitous,humor,into,every,chapter.",—,Booklist,(starred),"A,smart,,romping,adventure,,featuring,some,of,the,most,memorable,and,powerful,female,characters,I've,seen,in,print,for,a,long,timeGirl,,,Waits,,,with,,,Gun,,,mines,,,the,,,life,,,of,,,Constance,,,Kopp,,,and,,,the,,,fascinating,,,,riveting,,,,and,,,almost-lost,,,sliver,,,of,,,history,,,that,,,bears,,,her,,,stamp.",,,—,,,Paste,,,Magazine,,,"Amy,,,Stewart,,,tells,,,a,,,tale,,,as,,,captivating,,,as,,,it,,,is,,,genuinely,,,funny,,,in,,,its,,,portrayal,,,of,,,three,,,bewildered,,,sisters,,,who,,,find,,,themselves,,,in,,,a,,,war,,,with,,,one,,,of,,,the,,,most,,,powerful,,,men,,,in,,,their,,,hometownEven,,better,,,it's,,based,,on,,the,,true,,story,,of,,one,,of,,the,,United,,States',,first,,female,,deputy,,sheriffs,,and,,her,,brave,,,amazing,,sisters."—Cosmopolitan,,,,,"24,,New,,Books,,to,,Read,,this,,Fall",,"Amy,,Stewart,,uses,,her,,skills,,as,,a,,researcher,,to,,lovingly,,excavate,,the,,wonderful,,,entirely,,forgotten,,story,,of,,the,,Kopp,,sisters,,,who,,briefly,,dominated,,East,,Coast,,newspaper,,headlines,,a,,century,,ago.Constance,,,Norma,,,and,,Fleurette,,live,,on,,a,,New,,Jersey,,farm,,,scraping,,by,,without,,too,,much,,difficulty,,until,,a,,road,,accident,,entangles,,them,,with,,a,,crooked,,silk,,manufacturer,,,who,,begins,,to,,harass,,them,,–,,possibly,,with,,the,,help,,of,,the,,Black,,Hand,,gangThis,is,an,elegant,tale,of,suspense,,mystery,,and,wry,humor,set,in,1914,in,Paterson,,N.JShe,let,out,a,high,scream,,the,likes,of,which,I,had,never,heard,from,a,horseIt’s,,a,,privilege,,to,,meet,,Constance,,Kopp,,in,,the,,pages,,of,,Stewart’s,,book.”—The,,Life,,Sentence,,"A,,sheer,,delight,,to,,read,,and,,based,,on,,actual,,events,,,this,,debut,,historical,,mystery,,packs,,the,,unexpected,,,the,,unconventional,,,and,,a,,serendipitous,,humor,,into,,every,,chapterThe,,drivers,,fed,,her,,something,,from,,their,,pockets,,and,,that,,seemed,,to,,settle,,herBack,Careers,at,NPR,Search,Jobs,Culture,Applying,Interns,Fellows,Digital,The,Kopp,sisters,easily,could,have,been,a,footnote,in,history,,were,it,not,for,Stewart's,painstaking,research,and,fine,flair,for,building,a,story.",—,Star-Ledger,"An,invigorating,read.Its,odd,to,describe,a,book,with,such,a,clear,dichotomy,of,good,and,evil,,in,which,chaotic,violence,and,wanton,tyranny,abound,,as,charming,,but,from,the,very,first,page,,thats,exactly,what,it,is.",—,SF,Gate,"Girl,Waits,With,Gun,features,a,heroine,to,root,for,and,a,supporting,cast,so,strong,any,one,of,them,could,stand,alone.This,book,thrums,with,the,best,kind,of,girl,power:,no,gimmicks,,no,clichs,,no,recycled,plotlines,,just,a,rollicking,tale.",—,The,Globe,and,Mail,I,,loved,,every,,page,,as,,I,,followed,,the,,Kopp,,sisters,,through,,a,,too-good-to-be-true,,(but,,mostly,,true!),,tale,,of,,violence,,,courage,,,stubbornness,,,and,,resourcefulness."—Elizabeth,,Gilbert,,"How,,could,,you,,not,,fall,,in,,love,,with,,a,,book,,about,,one,,of,,the,,first,,female,,deputy,,sheriffs,,and,,her,,sistersespecially,,when,,it’s,,written,,by,,the,,enthralling,,Amy,,Stewart?,,Full,,of,,long-held,,secrets,,,kicked-up,,dust,,,simmering,,danger,,,and,,oh,,yes,,,that,,gun—this,,gritty,,romp,,illuminates,,one,,of,,history’s,,strongest,,women,,with,,a,,hold-your-breath,,panache."—Caroline,,Leavitt,,,New,,York,,Times,,bestselling,,author,,of,,Is,,This,,Tomorrow,,and,,Pictures,,of,,You,,“Girl,,Waits,,With,,Gun,,makes,,excellent,,use,,of,,history,,to,,put,,a,,fresh,,spin,,on,,classic,,cop-and-crook,,typesRead,More,Product,Details,ISBN-13:,9780544800830,Publisher:,Houghton,Mifflin,Harcourt,Publication,date:,05/03/2016,Series:,Girl,Waits,with,Gun,Series,,#1,Edition,description:,Reprint,Pages:,448,Sales,rank:,20,677,Product,dimensions:,5.20(w),x,7.90(h),x,1.60(d),Related,Subjects,Historical,Mysteries,Publishers,Weekly's,Best,Fiction,of,2015,StNPR,,Home,,Find,,Stations,,News,,Arts,,&,,Life,,Music,,Topics,,Programs,,&,,Podcasts,,NPR,,Music,,Genres,,New,,Music,,Concerts,,&,,Videos,,Articles,,&,,Lists,,Tiny,,Desk,,NPR,,Books,,Author,,Interviews,,Find,,Books,,Reviews,,About,,NPR,,Overview,,Connect,,Support,,Press,,Careers,,Podcast,,Directory,,Categories,,Shop,,My,,Account,,.“You’re,,,standing,,,on,,,me!”,,,“I,,,am,,,notLouis,Post-Dispatch's,"Best,Books,of,2015",One,of,Publishers,Lunch's,"Favorite,Books,of,2015,,From,the,News,Editor",A,Publishers,Marketplace,Buzz,Book,of,2015,,Fall/Winter,"Constance,Kopp,,the,feisty,heroine,of,Amy,Stewart’s,charming,novel,“Girl,Waits,With,Gun,”,sounds,like,the,creation,of,a,master,crime,writerGirl,Waits,With,Gun,hits,the,bulls-eyeThe,,stunningly,,crafted,,plot,,unfolds,,as,,Stewart,,slowly,,tells,,their,,storyThe,book,is,awesome,,periodExpect,,a,,highly,,willful,,protagonist,,penned,,with,,the,,utmost,,historical,,accuracy."—San,,Francisco,,Magazine,,"Laugh,,out,,loud,,[funny]."—Good,,Housekeeping,,“A,,wry,,,exciting,,period,,novel,,starring,,a,,kick-ass,,heroine.”—Refinery,,29,,"[Stewart],,weaves,,together,,fact,,and,,fancy,,skillfully,,in,,her,,novel,,,evoking,,the,,tense,,atmosphere,,of,,the,,time,,and,,place,,with,,lively,,writing,,and,,a,,good,,ear,,for,,dialogueIn,order,to,access,our,Web,site,,your,Web,browser,must,accept,cookies,from,NYTimes.comOne,,day,,a,,belligerent,,and,,powerful,,silk,,factory,,owner,,runs,,down,,their,,buggy,,,and,,a,,dispute,,over,,damages,,turns,,into,,a,,war,,of,,bricks,,,bullets,,,and,,threats,,as,,he,,unleashes,,his,,gang,,on,,their,,family,,farmA,,,final,,,scene,,,offers,,,well-deserved,,,new,,,horizons,,,for,,,Constance,,,and,,,hints,,,a,,,series,,,may,,,be,,,in,,,the,,,works f5880b0734

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 21 Mai - 00:01 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    fiestalc Index du Forum -> Francais -> Report Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange